ADDITIONS AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS - PART 7
- Additions require zoning and in some cases the Department of
Health approval as well as construction approval.
- Renovations can also require zoning and Department of Health
in some instances, but not all.
- A good experienced builder or contractor should warn and
prepare for these requirements.
- Finished basements are a less expensive renovation in most
instances because of existing structural members.
- Home improvements are routinely a very good investment, and
further more, you get to use the new improvement until resale.
- A good experienced contracter along with the proper budget
coupled with an architect, if needed, will produce the best